Venue hire with flexible space for all occasions
The Wave provides the perfect backdrop for all manner of events. Whether you need to host a special speaker, run a training session or conference or simply give your teams a chance to catch up and reconnect, we have it covered. Our amazing surf lake and unique space running to 100 acres gives masses of flexibility and we are happy to change things to suit your needs.
What we can offer you
Alongside our surf lake, which allows up to 82 surfers an hour to enjoy surfing, our unique space makes the perfect venue for everything from small conferences or networking events to office ‘away days’ or whole-site hire. We can offer:
- Restaurant for up to 175 diners with outdoor decked terrace offering additional seating for 100
- Outdoor first-floor terrace overlooking the lake with seating for 100
- Glamping for up to 100 people in our landscaped grounds from late-Spring 2020
- Acres of outside space, gardens and woodland with covered areas for meetings and workshops - from early-Summer 2020
- Ability to bring in additional equipment and facilities as required
All the help you need to create a great time
We are happy to work with you or your delivery team and can step up – or down – the level of support you need depending on the goals for your time with us and needs of your team. Our role is to help you to share our incredible and naturally healthy space in a way that suits you.
We can help to build your day, curate activities and facilitate in any way that works, for example:
- Optional one-to-one surf coaching for every member of the team with optional yoga
- Procuring guest speakers from all walks of life, from social entrepreneurs and sports coaches to change agents and leaders in business
- Hosting food and drink experiences with our chefs and local food partners
We’ll help you make full use of the site and you can arrange to have exclusive out-of-hours access.
Our meeting space
Reserve the lake, restaurant or whole site
Our approach to working with your organisation will always be tailored to your needs and, given enough notice, we can arrange for you to reserve the whole lake on an hourly, daily or weekly basis. Lake hire includes expert coaches and lessons; rates vary depending on the times of day and days of the week.
You can also reserve the entire Wave site including the lake, restaurant, grounds and Wavemaker team for single days or full weeks with accommodation, food and drink included.
Design your perfect day and we’ll bring it to life
All visits to The Wave can be tailored to suit your organisation and we can accommodate you for a few hours, a single day or multiple days and nights. Here’s an example of how a day with us might look:
- 10.30: Arrival on site
- 10.45: Welcome drinks and familiarisation tour
- 11.00: Lectures and workshops across our space - not a boardroom in sight!
- 13.00: Lunch in our restaurant or pick one of our guest pop-ups or a barbecue
- 14.00: Surf lessons start with your groups surfing on rotation while others can attend workshops or take part in other activities laid on by The Wave
- 16.00: Lectures, workshops and breakouts across the site
- 18.00: Surf lessons continue with groups surfing on rotation while others attend workshops or take part in group activities laid on by The Wave
- 20.00: Evening meal in restaurant or pick one of our guest pop-ups or barbecue
- 21.30: Drinks on the terrace or around the campfire
- 22.30: Overnight stay in our unique ‘glampsite’ set in our extensive grounds*
*From late-Spring 2020