Surf risk and waiver
Please read all information below carefully and sign the waiver when you arrive at The Wave.
It is important that you read and understand this acknowledgement of risk and waiver before signing it. You will not be permitted to participate in any booked activity at The Wave until the waiver has been completed. If you will be under the age of 18 on the day of the booked activity, this waiver must be completed by your parent or legal guardian.
If there is anything that you do not understand please get in touch with our Customer Service Team.
Disclaimer for personal injury or death
Surfing is physically challenging and carries with it risks that we cannot entirely eliminate, including risk of damage to property, personal injury and in extremely rare circumstances, even fatalities. You will reduce these risks by following The Wave Safety Rules set out below and all the instructions given to you by The Wave Staff during your surf session.
We can provide you with the equipment you need to safely enjoy your surf session, including a wetsuit, surfboard or body board, and rash vest. It is your responsibility to use all equipment safely and as directed. You must behave sensibly and follow all safety instructions so as not to hurt or injure yourself or others.
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, your use of our equipment, facility and participation in any activities while at The Wave is entirely at your own risk.
If your ability to participate safely is affected or changes at any time after completing the waiver you must notify a member of The Wave Staff or contact the Customer Services Team on 0333 016 4133.
Disclaimer for loss or damage to property
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, we are not responsible for any theft, damage, destruction or loss of your property or belongings while using our facilities.
The Wave safety rules
- You must act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
- You must attend the safety briefing before participating in any activities and raise any concerns or lack of understanding with The Wave Staff.
- We strongly recommend that you do not participate in any surfing session at The Wave if you are pregnant as it may cause harm to you or your unborn child. If you are pregnant and choose to participate, you do so at your own risk.
- You must not participate if you are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs or if you are taking any medication that may impair your physical ability.
- You must follow all safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you by a member of The Wave Staff. Please ask a member of The Wave Staff if you are unclear.
- You must be able to swim at least 25 metres unaided.
- We are not qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to participate safely. If you suffer from any medical condition, illness or injury which may affect your ability to participate in surfing or any other activities at The Wave, we recommend you obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor and contact our Customer Services Team on 0333 016 4133 to discuss your specific requirements.
- You agree to comply fully with the rules set out in our Booking Terms and Conditions.