Important COVID-19 Information
Please make sure you follow our guidance to keep you and our staff safe.
- We ask that all visitors to The Wave pre-book their visit to help us manage numbers and social distancing. This includes surfers and spectators – there will be a small charge of £2 for non-surfers. Local Pass holders will not be charged and will not need to pre-book, but will be asked to check in on arrival.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms please postpone your visit to help us protect our staff and visitors.
Arrival and on-site
- You must check-in with the NHS Track and Trace app at The Gatehouse on arrival. You will see signs with the QR code to scan.
- Our buses will not be operating at this time so please make sure you leave plenty of time to reach the lake. The journey from check-in at The Gatehouse to the lake is a 15-minute walk.
The Clubhouse and Food and Drink
- The Clubhouse is open for indoor dining.
- We strongly advise customers wear a facemask when indoors.
- All surfers who have their own wetsuits should use them at this time. We do have wetsuits available for those that don’t have one and will be running a double-cleaning process between each use.
- We are encouraging intermediate and advanced surfers who have their own surfboards to please use them at this time, but we do have soft boards available included in the cost of your surf. Performance hard boards are available for more advanced surfers and there is a cost of £10 per session for these. Beginner surfers will all be provided with boards.
- There are plentiful hand sanitisation points around The Wave and our Wavemakers will be asking everyone to use it on arrival and regularly during your visit.
- The toilets are available on site and we ask that you sanitise before entering and on leaving, and of course wash your hands. These will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- There are outdoor changing rooms available to use. These will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
Refunds and Cancellations related to COVID-19
If you have been advised to self-isolate under the Government’s COVID-19 guidance and are unable to proceed with your booking, please contact our Customer Services Team. They will be happy to reschedule for a future date or arrange a gift voucher for the full value of your booking, free of charge, providing you notify us in advance. Please provide us with as much notice as possible of any cancellation.
If we have to cancel your booking due to COVID-19 we will notify you as soon as possible. We hope that you will support us by accepting a gift voucher or rescheduling your booking, but please contact the Customer Services Team if you wish to discuss a refund instead.
All gift vouchers that were purchased before 1st August 2020 have been extended until 31st December 2021.