Advanced Coaching (in water)
Are you looking to improve your turns, throw more spray or go more vertical?
Our in water Advanced Coaching sessions will help you improve your turns and techniques across a combination of manoeuvres (the cutback, top turn and bottom turn). It’s a mixture of land based training with our expert coaches and in water guidance and feedback.
Advanced coaching is for confident surfers who have plenty of experience. Those who can pop-up and go along the wave, generating their own speed and are looking to improve their technique for turns.
Get direct feedback after your wave from our expert coaches, put this into practice during your lesson to see immediate results and better surfing.
The facts and figures
Advanced wave: Sets of open-faced waves, both right and left
Lesson length: 1.5 hours
Wave height: 1.2 - 1.9m
Please arrive at least 60 minutes before your session starts
- Ages 6+ who are able to swim 25m unaided and confident out of their depth
- Must be a confident surfer
- You’ll be confident taking off on a variety of green waves either at The Wave or in the sea, with experience in more challenging conditions.
- This session is not for surfers who want to work on the basics of surfing such as: pop-up, paddle technique and catching unbroken waves. If this is you, that’s okay! Beginner, Waikiki or Intermediate lessons may be more suited to you.
- Fulfilling your personal goals and continually improving your surf skills
- Experienced surfers looking to improve their technique
- Ideal for people who want immediate feedback that they can work on in the session
You must watch a Health & Safety video and sign a waiver before you surf with us, please ensure you do this before arriving on-site. After your first visit, you will only need to sign your waiver once every 60 days. The system will automatically notify you when it is time to sign your waiver, please ensure you do this before you arrive on-site. You must watch the whole Health & Safety video before you can sign your waiver, this is to reduce the briefing time when on-site and help keep you socially distanced.
Surfing and bodyboarding are physically challenging and carry risks that we cannot entirely eliminate. Have a look at our Health & Safety information and find out how to surf safely here.