1. About us
The Wave is a trademark of The Wave Group Limited, a private company registered in England under company number 10586504 and our registered office is One, Glass Wharf, Bristol, United Kingdom, BS2 0ZX
You can read more about us here: About The Wave
To contact us, in the first instance go to: Contact us
2. Use of our Site and Services
The terms “you”, “your” and “user” refer to all individuals and entities that access our Services.
4. Requirements of use
The Wave Services are available for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
Please see “Precautions” (Clause 5) below for recommended precautions related to your use of our Services.
5. Acceptable use
In particular, you agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any:
- part of our Services;
- equipment or network on which our Services are stored;
- software used in the provision of our Services; or
- equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Your contributions to our Services in the form of data and other information must:
- be accurate; and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Your contributions to our Services in the form of data and other information must not:
- contain any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or defamatory of any person;
- promote any discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trademark or any other right of any other person;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- breach has occurred or inappropriate material has been posted, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including, for example, withdrawing your right to use our
- Services; removing any posting or material you have uploaded; taking legal action against you; or disclosing such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information from our Services through any means not intentionally made available to you by Wave.
Content found on our Site and Services is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. We are not a medical care provider and have no expertise in diagnosing or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any physical activity on a medical condition. Not all activities described on our Services are suitable for everyone. If you have a medical condition or are in any way worried about undertaking physical activity or exercise of any sort you should consult a physician before using The Wave. You should understand that when participating in physical activity there is the possibility of injury and/or death. If you feel discomfort or pain, immediately stop what you are doing and seek help. By using The Wave Services, you represent that you have read and understood these important medical warnings. We are not responsible for any health problems that may result from using our Services.
7. User generated content and data
Subject to The Wave’s adherence to the privacy settings you select within our Services, you hereby grant to The Wave a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free licence, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, modify, create derivative works of, and otherwise use and commercially exploit any text, images or other data and information you submit to our Services (collectively, “User Generated Content”) in any media now existing or hereafter developed, including without limitation on websites, in audio format, and in any print media format. User Generated Content includes but is not limited to [service details]. Subject to The Wave’s adherence to the privacy settings you select within our Site or Services, you hereby waive any rights of publicity and privacy with respect to the User Generated Content and any other legal or moral rights that might preclude The Wave’s use of the User Generated Content or require your permission for Wave to use the User Generated Content. You agree not to assert any claim, whether based on tort, contract, or other legal theory, against The Wave or its partners relating to The Wave’s or its partners’ use of the User Generated Content in accordance with your privacy settings, and you hereby release The Wave and its partners from any such claims. You represent that your User Generated Content and Data will fully comply with our “Acceptable use” (Clause 5) rules above.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your login information, whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your login information or password. The Wave cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information submitted by someone who has fraudulently accessed your account or for any third party’s fraudulent use or misuse of information submitted by you.
You represent that the information that you provide about yourself as requested in The Wave account registration form is accurate and complete, and you agree to update your account information, as necessary, including providing The Wave with your current email address, so that you may receive notifications and other account-related communications.
9. Intellectual Property
The contents of our Services and underlying technologies used in connection with the provision of The Wave Services are protected by copyrights, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights which are owned by The Wave and/or its partners. You acknowledge this and agree that no part of The Wave’s Services may be copied, displayed, downloaded, distributed or republished other than for non-commercial individual reference with all copyright or other proprietary notices retained, and thereafter may not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppels or otherwise any licence or right under any patent or trademark of The Wave, or any third party. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information from our Services through any means not intentionally made available to you by The Wave.
10. User indemnification
11. Our Services; Limitation of Liability
The Wave works hard to provide helpful and accurate information on our Site and Services but we make no endorsement, representation or warranty of any kind about any information, services or recommendations made through them.
Further, our Site and Services are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You agree that access to and use of our Site and Services, their functionality and the content and data therein is at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, our Site and Services and any individual person or party connected to them or involved in creating, producing or delivering them hereby exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the use, inability to use, or that results from the use of our Services or websites and applications linked to our Services, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
12. Written communication and notices
When using The Wave Services, you accept that communication with us will be mainly in electronic format. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our Site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us, including any complaints that you might have about The Wave Services, must be given to The Wave HQ, Unit D, Albion Dockside Building, Hanover Place, Bristol BS1 6UT or by email via Contact us. We may give notice to you at either the email address you provide to us when you create an account, or in any of the ways specified in this paragraph.
15. Entire agreement
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to access to and your use of our Site and Services and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
All The Wave products and services are subject to availability and are made available at the sole discretion of The Wave.
17. Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the agreement between you and us will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, these terms and conditions or our agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. Loyalty schemes
Where you are a participant in a challenge or rewards programme operated by one of our partners, the operation of that scheme or programme, and the award and redemption of rewards, will be solely the responsibility of that partner, and not The Wave. Any questions or complaints that you may have about that scheme or programme, including your participation in it, should be directed to the relevant partner, and not The Wave.