The Wave Online Retail Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: September 2022
Where to find information about us and our products
You can find everything you need to know about us, The Wave, and our products on our website, or from our sales staff at The Wave, Washingpool Farm, Bristol, BS35 5RE (the “Site”) before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing after you order by email.
When you buy from us you are agreeing that:
1. We only accept orders when we’ve checked them
We contact you to confirm we’ve received your order and we accept it when we dispatch or supply the product to you.
2. Sometimes we reject orders
Sometimes we reject orders, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock, because you are located outside the UK or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
3. We’re not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, such as a mail strike, we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won’t compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for in advance, but not received.
4. Products can vary slightly from their pictures
A product’s true colour may not exactly match that shown on your device or its packaging may be slightly different.
5. Your legal right to change your mind.
For most of our products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
6. Our goodwill guarantee.
In addition, we, The Wave, Washingpool Farm, Easter Compton, Bristol, BS35 5RE, offer our UK customers a goodwill guarantee for most products bought online, which is more generous than your legal rights in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights if there is something wrong with your product (for more on those rights see You have rights if there is something wrong with your product).
Your legal rights: 14 days to change your mind
How our goodwill guarantee is more generous: 28 days to change your mind
7. When you can’t change your mind.
You can’t change your mind about an order for:
· products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; or
· products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
8. The deadline for changing your mind.
If you change your mind about a product you must let us know no later than 28 days after the day we deliver your goods. If the goods are split into several deliveries over different days, the period runs from the day after the last delivery.
9. How to let us know.
To let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team: email@example.com
10. You have to return the product at your own cost.
You have to return your goods to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost. You can:
· bring the product to our shop on site at The Wave, Washingpool Farm, Easter Compton, Bristol, BS35 5RE. You will need your email receipt and the card you paid with.
· send the product back to us, using an established delivery service. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we won’t refund you the price. For help with returns contact our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. We only refund standard delivery costs.
We don’t refund any extra you have paid for express delivery or delivery at a particular time. We only refund delivery costs if you return all the items that were delivered to you. If you choose to keep part of your order, you will not be entitled to a refund of the delivery costs.
12. We reduce your refund if you have used or damaged a product.
If you handle the product in a way which would not be acceptable in-store, we reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value. For example, we reduce your refund if the product’s condition is not “as new”, price tags have been removed, the product-branded packaging is damaged or accessories are missing. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due. Our Customer Service Team: email@example.com can advise you on whether we’re likely to reduce your refund.
13. When and how we refund you.
If your products haven’t been delivered yet we refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days of you telling us you’ve changed your mind. If you are sending products back to us, we refund you within 14 days of receiving them back from you (or receiving evidence you’ve sent them to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don’t charge a fee for the refund.
14. You have rights if there is something wrong with your product
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you must either bring it into our shop at The Wave, Washingpool Farm, Easter Compton, Bristol, BS35 5RE or contact our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk. Remember too that You have options for resolving disputes with us.
15. We can change products and these terms.
We can always change a product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
16. We don’t compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products
We’re responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
· Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
· Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section We’re not responsible for delays outside our control.
· Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action.
· A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession.
17. We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice
18. You have several options for resolving disputes with us
Our complaints policy. Our Customer Service Team: email@example.com will do their best to resolve any problems you have with us or our products.
You can go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
19. Other important terms apply to our contract
· We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your product. We’ll tell you in writing if this happens and we’ll ensure that the transfer won’t affect your rights under the contract.
· Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
· If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
· Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.