Suitable for:Intermediate surfers aged 6+
Prices from:£50 (£40 child)
Intermediate Surf Session
Intermediate Surf Session
These are unbroken waves with more strength and a steeper take off than our Waikiki waves. They allow you to practise using the rails of your surfboard and turn using your body weight and the fins on your board. You will start to develop even more paddle strength and much greater board control as you paddle back to the take off area.
Our intermediate sessions offer a range of open-faced waves, both on the right and left of the lake. Some have faces with a soft incline and slow peeling speed, while others break more rapidly with steeper sections.
Our team of professional photographers are on site everyday and capture all sessions in The Reef. Find out more and view your photos here.
Facts and Figures
Intermediate wave: A range of open-faced waves. The Waves have a soft incline and slow peeling speed, with some steeper sections.
Wave height: 1m
Session length: 1 hour
Water depth: 1.5m at take off
Wave duration: 10 seconds
The intermediate surf session is open to everyone aged 6+ who are able to swim 25m unaided and are confident they have the required skills to ride this wave.
This session is not for beginners. Surfers must have previous experience, have a strong and consistent pop up and paddle technique and be able to confidently catch waves.
- Catch a green unbroken wave.
- Fall safely and deal with the board in different situations
- Be able to paddle back to the take-off point, during or between sets
- Develop stronger paddle technique and strength to paddle against a gentle current
- Practice to turn while sitting on the board
- Practice to finish waves well and safely
Who's it for?
- Surfers who consistently ride white water waves and are able to catch an unbroken wave
- Those who can fall safely and are able to deal with the board in different situations
- People who can paddle back to the take-off point, during or between sets and are looking to practise paddle technique and paddle against a current
- Those who are able to turn using bodyweight and want to practise turns using the rails and fins of the board
- Surfers looking to improve and practice turns on bigger waves
You must watch a Health & Safety video and sign a waiver before you surf with us, please ensure you do this before arriving on-site. After your first visit, you will only need to sign your waiver once every 60 days. The system will automatically notify you when it is time to sign your waiver, please ensure you do this before you arrive on-site. You must watch the whole Health & Safety video before you can sign your waiver, this is to reduce the briefing time when on-site and help keep you socially distanced.
Surfing and bodyboarding are physically challenging and carry risks that we cannot entirely eliminate. Have a look at our Health & Safety information and find out how to surf safely here.