Wave height:0.5m (white water)
Suitable for:Beginners aged 6+ who have already had a lesson
Prices from:£40 (child £30)
Beginner Surf Session
Beginner Surf Session Without a Lesson
Our beginner surf sessions are located in the bay, which is in the same area as the beginner lessons.
These surf sessions are a great way for you to go solo and build confidence in the white water, as well as practice your positioning on the board.
The consistent waves and controlled environment create the perfect space for you to master the surfing basics, get comfortable with the techniques and learn to deal with your board in different situations.
There is no dry side lesson in this session, this is a chance for your to practice your skills by yourself without the help of a coach.
Arrive 60 minutes before: You must arrive at least 60 minutes before your session
Beginner wave: Small white water wave that ends at the shore
Session Length: 1 hour
Wave height: 0.5m (white water)
Water depth: 0.8m
Wave duration: 10-12 seconds
Ages 6+ who are able to swim 25m unaided.
Those who have had 1 or 2 beginner lessons before and are looking to practice their surf skills, such as popping up and beginning to turn, independently without the help of a coach.
- Catch a white water wave alone
- Be able to fall safely and to deal with the board in different situations
- Be able to paddle or walk back to the take-off point, during or between sets
- Start practising the paddle technique and paddle through and over white water
- Stand up and surf the white water straight
- Learn to turn whilst sitting on the board
- Finish waves well and safely
Who's it for?
- Surfers wanting to progress from a beginner lesson
- Those who have some experience surfing and want to practice their skills before moving to The Reef
You must watch a Health & Safety video and sign a waiver before you surf with us, please ensure you do this before arriving on-site. After your first visit, you will only need to sign your waiver once every 60 days. The system will automatically notify you when it is time to sign your waiver, please ensure you do this before you arrive on-site. You must watch the whole Health & Safety video before you can sign your waiver, this is to reduce the briefing time when on-site and help keep you socially distanced.
Surfing and bodyboarding are physically challenging and carry risks that we cannot entirely eliminate. Have a look at our Health & Safety information and find out how to surf safely here.