Learn with us, work with us
What You'll Get
- Nationally Recognised qualification (ISA, National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ)
- Training provided by The Wave RLSS Training Assessor and Senior Coach
- Training provided by ERA Adventures, a leading ISA provider
- All equipment needed for the course included
- Job on completion of the course, which includes our Wavemaker benefits:
- Paid breaks
- 30 days of paid holiday (inclusive of bank hols, pro rated)
- Free staff surfs
- Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Free hot and cold drinks on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- The chance to work with a great team within an amazing company
WHAT OUR NEWLY QUALIFIED WAVEMAKERS SAY
Luke Templeton, Surf Coach 2022
I had an extremely fun, interesting and challenging week completing the Beach Lifeguard qualification and ISA level 1 course at the Wave. The course was run superbly by ERA and couldn’t have asked for better instructors. Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in becoming a qualified Surf coach and lifeguard!
Simao, Surf Coach 2022
I’ve always had the desire to become a professional surf coach ,I knew The Wave was the place that could make my dream happen! I wanted to join the team because this is UK most consistent wave within a industry that is rapidly expanding! The course was very practical! I love the fact that allows you to solidify and obtain new knowledge! It’s definitely suited for intermediate to expert surfers that want to start coaching! I love to make a difference on peoples lives! helping someone riding their first wave and being able to witness the glow in their eyes!
train to be a lifeguard or surf coach with the wave
Are you looking to get your beach lifeguard or surf coach qualifications but not sure where to start?
Training to be a surf coach or lifeguard here at The Wave gains you nationally recogniased qualifications without the upfront costs you would incur elsewhere.
Our courses will equip you not only with a nationally recognised qualification but a job for the season on completion!
Apply for a course
our next training courses
Surf Coach: 10th – 24th May find out more.
Lifeguard: 10th – 24th May find out more.
Further dates are likely to be end of June/early July
Can’t make these dates? Want to be the first to know when we’ll run the next courses? Sign up here and we’ll let you know.