These terms and conditions explain the rules for participating in the ‘The Wave 2 night surfing stay for 4’. Please read these carefully before entering the competition.
Competition Closing Date is midnight on 5th June 2022.
The promoter of the ‘The Wave 2 night surfing stay for 4’ is The Wave.
The Wave Group Limited, company number 10586504, with registered office One Glass Wharf, Bristol, United Kingdom BS2 0ZX referred to as ‘The Wave’.
Decathlon UK Limited is neither a partner of the Wave nor an organizer of any of its events.
- The ‘The Wave 2 night surfing stay for 4’ is open to all UK residents aged 16 or over, except employees of The Wave, their families, agents or any third party associated with the administration of the draw.
Any entrant under the age of 18 must have parental consent to enter the competition and will require parental consent to use the competition prize, including the signing of the surf waiver as per our standard terms and conditions.
The ‘The Wave 2 night surfing stay for 4’ is free to enter and entrants do not need to make any purchase. All entries must be submitted via our website and only one entry per person is permitted.
The Closing Date for entries is 11.59pm on 5th June 2022. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
Prize and surf sessions must be redeemed via the The Wave website www.thewave.com a year after the closing date by 5th June 2023.
- The surf sessions at The Wave will be subject to The Wave’s Booking Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found here. The accommodation will be subject to The Camp’s Booking Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found here.
- The Wave accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost or delayed for any reason or for entries not successfully submitted due to any kind of technical fault.
The prize will be awarded to one valid entrant drawn by The Wave after the Closing Date.The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the Closing Date. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of notification, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited.
We will be entitled to select another winner in line with the process described above.
Automated entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
- The winning entrant will receive:
- 2 night stay for 4 people, in The Camp, just metres away from the most consistent surf break in the country.
- Learn to surf with a beginner lesson (for beginners) or a one hour long surf session for more experienced surfers, for 4 people (6+ years for surfing). Each person will receive 2 sessions or lessons max 4 people.
- In the unlikely event of the prize (or one or more constituent elements) not being available, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is or will be offered.
Any decision of The Wave regarding any aspect of the prize draw will be final and binding. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into about it.
The last name of the winner will be made available after the Closing Date on request. By entering the competition you acknowledge that we may share your last name.
The winner may be asked to participate in publicity. By entering this competition you agree to participate in publicity as reasonably requested by The Wave.
By entering the ‘The Wave 2 night surfing stay for 4’, all participants agree to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of any of the terms and conditions referred to above.
Any entrant under the age of 18 must have parental consent to enter the competition and will require parental consent to use the surf lesson included in the prize. The surf lesson will be subject to The Wave’s Booking Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found here. The accommodation will be subject to The Camp’s Booking Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found here.
Where the majority of a party are under the age of 18, there must be sufficient capable and responsible adults of 18 years or above to supervise, with a minimum of one adult per tent.